RES PRINCIPAL'S BLOG TO STAFF - Sun., June 4, 2017
Also, I recognize this is a very independent staff, but please run plans by the office so we know what's happening. If I don't know I schedule things guest speakers, coaches, etc., so please keep me in the loop. Please fill in the Google Docs for times to meet with the literacy coach on Fri.
- Señora Elaine for helping out with lunch Fri. when both Sherry & Liza were on the field trip!
- Sherry and Pam for volunteering to drive a staff member home when we needed it!
END OF YEAR EVENTS - If you're planning anything special with your class as the year comes to a close, please keep the lines of communication open and let the office know before things occur.
GUIDANCE CANDIDATE - The guidance candidate will be coming back on Monday to observe excellent teaching strategies in your classroom. Please share any helpful hints you have.
PBIS CELEBRATIONS - School-wide celebrations are planned to celebration reaching our "respect" goals. The student council will be coming around to announce the pending events in your rooms - please let them announce them! Please encourage your classes as they celebrate each letter AND continue to give out "respect tiles." Here is the schedule of events:
- Tues., June 6 -
- "E" - Extra buddy day - students should bring in their favorite stuffed animal to carry all day.
- "C" - Crazy hair day - students can wear their hair however they want to today.
- Fri., June 9 -
- "T" - Time to crunch - popcorn or pretzels during our final CELEBRATION!
- 1 - 2:30 PM- "MOVIE" time in the multipurpose room. Please bring bean bags, comfy chairs, etc. for students to watch a school-wide movie.
STAFF END-OF-YEAR PREP - At the staff meeting Monday, we will discuss: end-of year expectations/procedures goals for next year, the action plan for 2017-18, and some items to review and prepare for our staff retreat. Let's start promptly at 2:55 so we can start our interviews on time. Thanks!
Happening this Week:
- Mon., June 5 - PAM B. out all day
- Gr. 1/2 Swimming 8 - 11 AM
- K Picnic in Weathersfield 11 AM
- K 12:30 - 2:30 PM
- Library MPR - Please bring technology Gr. K, 3-6.
- Staff Meeting 2:55 - 4 PM
- Interviews 4 - 6:45 PM
- Tues., June 6 - Pam B.
- VINS visits Pre-K, K
- Cathy "off"
- 2-2:40 PM - Pam B. leaves
- Wed., June 7 -
- Libbet at Spring Census Training 10-12 (Nina in)
- Pre-K/K Field Trip to Montshire Museum
- 2:30 PM - 504 Meeting - Check your schedule.
- Interviews 3:30 - 6:30 PM
- RES PTO 6 PM
- RES Board Meeting 7 PM
- Thurs., June 8 -
- Gr. 1/2 to plant pumpkins in the a.m.
- Fri., June 9 -
- End of Term 4
- Aimee Toth here ALL day to meet with teachers
- 1-2:30 PM PBIS Schoolwide Celebration - Movie/Popcorn
|Last 7.5 days of school....|
Mark Your Calendar/Upcoming Events:
- Mon., June 12 -
- Gr. 1/2 Jr. Rangers & Camp Drinker
- K - Bon Voyage 1 -2:30
- Tues., June 13 - 6th Gr. Ceremony 1-2 PM
- Wed., June 14 -
- Step-Up Day for Gr. 6 - they are not in building that day.
- Picnic lunch for students.
- Last Day for Students - Noon Dismissal
- Staff Farewell & Ice Cream Social - 2:30 - 3 PM - MPR
- Teachers in classrooms for afternoon
- Thurs., June 15 - Teacher Work Day - Staff Retreat - Location TBA
- Fri., June 16 - Cathy and Libbet working 8:30 - 2:30 PM
- Wed., June 21 - 7 PM RES Board Meeting
- Thurs., June 29 - Libbet & Cathy working 12 - 5 PM
- Fri., June 30 - Libbet & Cathy working - 8 - 2 PM